What We Do for People with Disabilities
The center's staff:
- Provides education and training.
- Conducts reviews and assessments of our hospitals and facilities.
- Reviews policies and practices on accessible health care.
A critical element of our work is to engage with the disability community. An Advisory Council guides our disability efforts and helps set our priorities.
How Can We Help You?
Our commitment is to make sure all UPMC patients receive high quality health care.
Here are some ways we can help:
- Do you have an upcoming hospital stay planned? Let us know and we can arrange for accommodations ahead of time.
- Do you have a disability or assist someone who does? Browse a list of disability support groups to connect with others who are having similar experiences.
- Do you want to know how UPMC can support your specific disability during your stay? See the FAQ about disability resources at UPMC.
- Do you have ideas on how UPMC can improve care for people with disabilities? Let us know. We welcome all ideas and feedback.
Contact the UPMC Disabilities Resource Center with any questions, comments, or suggestions related to your disability. We'll work to make sure we meet your needs.
UPMC Compliance Helpline
In the event that you feel you have been discriminated against on the basis of a disability, you may file a complaint through the UPMC Compliance Helpline. UPMC prohibits retaliation against anyone for raising, in good faith, a concern or question about inappropriate or illegal behavior.