Gifts of the Heart volunteers at UPMC West Shore work tirelessly behind the scenes to provide handmade items to be distributed to various departments.
If you have a talent for knitting, crocheting, or sewing you should consider becoming part of this incredible group.
Their contributions include:
- Baby caps. Every baby born at UPMC hospitals receives a gift of love and caring in a beautifully hand-crafted baby cap.
- Baby clothes and layettes.
- Peri-natal bereavement program. Beautiful bereavement buntings, covers and hand painted memory boxes.
- Children’s supplies and toys. Our Pediatric Department receives art supplies, activity packets and books. Young patients receive new stuffed animals and Hug-A-Bears to bring them comfort while they are away from home.
- Clothing for patients in need. Donated sweaters, scarves, caps, gloves and mittens are distributed during the colder months to outpatient areas.
- Head coverings for chemotherapy patients. Our Cancer Center receives donations of winter and summer head coverings for the chemotherapy patients.
- Spiritual Care prayer shawls.
- Rehabilitation unit gifts. These include lap robes, comfort pillows and wheelchair and walker totes.
Complete the Volunteer Information Sheet (PDF) and fax it to 717-782-3220.
Connect with the UPMC Central PA Portal app 24/7
UPMC Central PA Portal providers patients across the central Pennsylvania region with secure access to their health information. It is the fastest way to send a message to your doctor, refill prescriptions, get test results, and schedule and manage appointments, including video visits.
Log-In or Sign Up Today