UPMC Shadyside treats a variety of digestive diseases including:
- Crohn’s disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Gastrointestinal cancers
- Diseases of GI motility
- Pancreas and biliary diseases
Our digestive disorder specialists have expertise in diseases of the pancreas and digestive tract, which includes the esophagus, stomach, and intestines.
The Gastrointestinal (GI) Lab at UPMC Shadyside offers patients state-of-the-art gastrointestinal care in a specialized facility solely dedicated to endoscopic and gastrointestinal-related procedures.
The newly remodeled GI Lab offers:
- A staff of experienced, professional registered nurses and GI technicians who provide care before, during, and after all procedures.
- 8 procedure rooms.
- 20 holding bays.
- A dedicated inpatient procedure room.
The facility offers a wide variety of both complex and routine gastrointestinal procedures including:
- Endoscopic tumor removal or bypass
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)
- Esophageal manometry
- Flexible sigmoidoscopy
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP)
- Pancreatic function test
- Spiral CT scanning
- Therapeutic endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
For a referral to the UPMC Shadyside GI Lab, contact your gastroenterologist or your primary care physician.