Everyone knows smoking is bad for you. But, like any drug, kicking the habit isn't easy. It takes a lot of willpower and a lot of support.
Studies show that taking a smoking cessation class can double your chances for success.
Benefits of Quitting Smoking
There are many benefits to stop smoking, including:
- Decreased risk of heart attack within 24 hours
- Decreased risk of stroke and cancer
- Improved circulation to arms and legs (hands and feet become warmer)
- Decreases in coughing, sinus congestion, and shortness of breath
- Improved skin color and decreased wrinkling
- Improved senses of taste and smell
- Increased energy and endurance
- A sense of freedom from a bad habit
- More free time
- Cleaner house, car, clothes, and hair
- Money saved
- Improved pregnancy outcomes
For more information about UPMC Passavant's Stop Smoking Program, email Terry Manko, program coordinator, at email@example.com.
Stop Smoking Resources