The experts at UPMC Sports Medicine offer preventive, rehabilitative, and athletic training services throughout the Erie region.
Robert Deppen, PT, DPT, MS, ATC
Robert has been a physical therapist with UPMC Sports Medicine for more than 30 years. He focuses on exercise and manual therapy strategies as well as self-care and optimal body mechanics for healing.
In June 2015, Robert presented a research poster at the American Physical Therapy Association annual meeting. He was the lead lower extremity ortho instructor at Rocky Mountain University Doctoral Program in Physical Therapy in Provo, Utah for five years and has lectured on functional lower extremity rehabilitation throughout the United States. His seminar was featured at the APTA state annual meeting in Montana, Pennsylvania, and South Carolina.
The lead author for two journal publications and a chapter author in the Donatelli text “Sports Specific Rehabilitation,” Robert has also worked with four medical teams in Haiti and Mexico.
- University of Montana ― doctorate in physical therapy, 2015
- University of Pittsburgh ― master's degree in physical therapy, 1990
- Hahnemann University ― postgraduate degree in physical therapy, 1982
- Pennsylvania State University ― bachelor's degree in athletic training, 1981
- Physical therapy/orthopaedics
- Sports medicine/ athletic training
Learn more about UPMC Centers for Rehab Services
Primary Care Sports Medicine
Francis Foti II, DO
Dr. Foti earned his medical degree from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his residency in family medicine at Washington Health System in Washington, Pa. and a fellowship in primary care sports medicine at Millcreek Community Hospital. Dr. Foti is board certified in family medicine with a subspecialty certification in sports medicine.
- Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine - medical degree
- Washington Health System - family medicine residency
- Millcreek Community Hospital - primary care sports medicine
Certified Athletic Trainers
- Robert Barton, ATC, Fort LeBoeuf School District
- Erin Terry, ATC North East School District
- Sharon Dressler, ATC, Harbor Creek School District
- Angela Meeder, ATC, Seneca HS/Wattsburg School District
- Ryan Ratkovsky, ATC, Cathedral Preparatory School
- Megan Goodrich, ATC, Villa Maria Acedemy
- Derek Hornaman, ATC, Erie High School/Erie School District
- Janele Wolbert, ATC, Erie High School/Erie School District
- Ronald Demchak, ATC, Iroquois School District
- Kayleigh Wagner, ATC, Casual Per Diem Athletic Trainer
- Allison Litz, ATC, Casual Per Diem Athletic Trainer
- Charles Robinson, ATC, Casual Per Diem Athletic Trainer
- Brian Friedrich, ATC, Casual Per Diem Athletic Trainer
- Paul Endres, ATC, Coordinator, UPMC Hamot Concussion Cente