UPMC Hamot Imaging Services provides advanced technology to ensure diagnoses are as accurate as possible. Patients have access to leading-edge equipment, along with specially trained technologists and expert radiologists, enabling UPMC Hamot to offer some of the most advanced diagnoses and minimally invasive treatments available today.
A wide range of radiology procedures include:
- Computerized tomography (CT scan)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), including 3T MRI
- Interventional diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Digital mammography
- 3D mammography (tomosynthesis)
- Nuclear medicine studies
- General radiology
Imaging technology at UPMC Hamot includes:
- Four multi-slice CT scanners, which gather clear, accurate images in a short amount of time.
- UPMC Hamot Women’s Imaging offers state-of-the-art breast health services that include digital mammography, 3D mammography (tomosynthesis), breast MRI, breast ultrasound, stereotactic biopsy, and breast health navigators. All of these factors ensure that our patients are cared for in a comprehensive and time-sensitive manner.
- UPMC Hamot's network of imaging centers features state-of-the-art equipment, nationally registered technologists, and board-certified radiologists.
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) uses radio waves and magnets to create cross-sectional, high-resolution images of the heart. UPMC Hamot is the first hospital in Erie County to offer access to this imaging service.
Film Report Management
Ordering physicians normally receive the radiologist's report within 24 hours, Monday through Friday. Film or CD reproductions of images are available for pickup 24/7 at UPMC Hamot and at UPMC Hamot Imaging at Sterling Square from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Proof of identification is required at the time of pickup.