Family Hospice provides a number of different programs for the grieving family including:
- Bereavement visits: Our staff will make a bereavement visit with the families they have worked with upon request and need.
- Phone calls: We have a follow-up phone call program which calls the caregivers on a periodic basis for at least 13 months.
- Bereavement mail program: Our mail program offers support and information with four mailings containing information on the grieving process, as well as resources available.
- Bereavement Support Groups: Meetings are held monthly in Erie. For more information about our support groups, please call 814-877-6120.
- Bereavement counseling: Family Hospice has bereavement counseling available for individuals and families. We also offer referrals to other community resources which might fit individual or family needs.
- Memorial service: Services in the spring and fall to remember patients who have died during the previous months.
Many family members and friends like to recognize their loved-ones by offering a memorial donation to Family Hospice.
Our memorial funds are managed through the Hamot Health Foundation. We use these donations throughout the year to provide education and support to patients and family members within our hospice program. The support of the community to these efforts is greatly appreciated.
Memorials can be sent in care of your loved one to:
Hamot Health Foundation
c/o Great Lakes Hospice
302 French Street
Erie, PA 16507