By the Numbers
- 155 private rooms
- 120 Medical-Surgical
- 16 ICU beds
- 19 Inpatient Rehab
- 460-space parking garage
- 70 surface lot spaces
Emergency room bays: 46 (44 rooms, 2 double occupancy)
Operating rooms: 7
Endoscopy rooms: 2
Catheterization labs: 2
Special Features at UPMC East
- Patient-centered clinical care and amenities, including a healing garden
- Point-of-care testing
- State-of-the-art operating rooms
- Integrated interventional procedural suites
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)
- Simulation training room
- Telemedicine capabilities
Did You Know?
- UPMC East is designed with all private patient rooms and larger patient bathrooms to help reduce falls and improve safety.
- UPMC East utilized 100 percent recycling of the former building.
- The hospital is designed for energy reduction, with larger windows and maximized solar efficiencies from building orientation, and will reduce energy operating expenses by 18 percent.
- During its construction, UPMC East invested $2.4 million in storm water management improvements.
- UPMC made improvements to the intersections and roads around the site to benefit all who travel through this area, which is noted as one of the busiest intersections in Pennsylvania.
2775 Mosside Boulevard
Monroeville, PA 15146