Below are future and past Physician THRIVE well-being events and programs.
Check back soon
Past Events and Programs
- 2021 UPMC Physician Well-Being Symposium: January 22, 2021 — Virtual Event
- 2020 Physician Well-being Symposium: January 31, 2020 — Herberman Conference Center
- UPMC Recognized by AMA for Commitment to Physician Well-being (Infonet)
- On-Boarding Program for New Doctors: On October 1, 2020, we welcomed our new colleagues to UPMC through a physician onboarding event virtual event.
- Parenting and a Career in Medicine: Challenges, perspectives, and looking ahead – A symposium presented by Dr. Erika Lu-Rangel held on September 23, 2020
- Peer Coaching Mentorship Program: This program will give doctors greater access to resources for addressing workplace or career issues.
- 2019 Physician Well-being Symposium: Over 150 doctors joined us for a full-day event. We learned about the signs, symptoms, and prevalence of burnout. We also discussed the ways to improve personal well-being and resilience, enhance our culture of wellness, and solve systems-level problems.
- Thrive Grants for Change: These grants helped support new projects. They ranged from focused, community building projects to proposed system changes to improve our practice at UPMC.
- Local Brainstorming Sessions: These sessions helped us define strategies to improve the well-being of doctors in the local environment.
- Health Services Division Clinical and Operations Leadership Meeting: The meeting focused on transparent and direct communication. Executive leaders shared vital updates and answered questions.
- Compassion in Medicine Event with Barry Kerzin, MD: Dr. Kerzin's event focused on compassion, mindfulness, and resilience in the workplace.
- On-Boarding Program for New Doctors: On August 8, 2019, we welcomed our new colleagues and their families to UPMC. We also gave them details on our current well-being resources.